You guys..let's talk about how much work it is to get ready for a vacation shall we? The hubs and I are leaving in a bit for the magical land of Tahiti..do you hate me a little bit now ;)
This vacay has been in the works for a few years now and I literally can't believe that it is now just weeks away.
But phew..I'm exhausted already. I mean the vanity alone is enough to kill me off let alone the kid/babysitting preparation.
Let's first talk about how I have clearly decided that I am extremely low maintenance in the beauty department which I'm finding out might be somewhere that I need to up my game.
* The tanning appointments (don't judge..remember my motto..tan cottage cheese is better than white cottage cheese) and since I didn't loose the 10 lbs I just knew I would..I'm resorting to faking my thinness.
* It Works..that's right guys..I got suckered (and by suckered..I mean I totally want to believe that basically a big, lotioned bandaid will make me magically thinner) into trying these. And let me just paint you a picture as I sat watching the Bachelorette last night with a saran wrap mini skirt and leggings whilst sweating to death and trying to figure out how I was gonna pee. Bless my husbands heart for still loving me ;) I'll let you know my official consensus on these when I have finished my last two wraps...pray for me...
* Eyelashes...now, while I won't be sporting these on our trip for obvious water/swimming reasons, my "daughter" ;) AKA my gym buddy and awesome neighbor insisted on putting these on me the other day..it was an ah-ha moment..especially when the hubs told me to hop in the tub with him and to leave my make-up on ;) So off to the store I went to get some DIY lashes. Consider my game up-ed.
* Waxing... I talked my sisters into going to "Brazil" (wink..wink) with me right before the trip. I mean..ain't nobody got time for razors, red bumps and stray hairs to worry about while living in a swimsuit for an entire week.
* Pedicures...pretty toes are obviously a must for beaches and sandy destination..I mean I feel like it's practically a law or something.
And to top off all that, I am planning babysitting coordination for 5 kids, baseball schedules, girls' camp, meals, adding an international phone plan, pawning off church responsibilities, and oh ya..we finally got around to making our will and Estate plans official.
And as big of a headache all the planning and preparation is, I know it will all be worth it when I get to look at views like this.. you're back to hating me again huh ;)
So cheers to Summer time and Vacation time and trips like this..that make us think we can come back and be parents for another 15 years before something of this magnitude ever happens again!